Services // Sustainability
Over the past decade, the firm has made a commitment to promoting sustainable design and education. In 2001, the firm became a member of the US Green Building Council and began building a team of LEED® accredited professionals on staff. Today, with over 50 LEED professionals, the firm integrates performance-based criteria to achieve high standards in sustainable development and design.
H&A offers its clients a solid background in sustainable design and can provide the expertise for maximizing the environmental responsiveness and energy efficiency of a project as well as achieving LEED® certification. We have designed more than 50 projects that incorporate LEED criteria for certification.
H&A’s LEED services include:
- Overall LEED Project Coordination – Design Disciplines and Contractor Working Toward a Common Goal
- Stormwater Retention and Sedimentation Removal
- Site Development and Master Planning
- On-Site Wastewater Treatment Systems
- Complete Building Energy Modeling
- Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) Modeling to Optimize System Performance
- Domestic Water Usage Analysis
- Design of Greywater and Stormwater Collection Systems
- Comprehensive Building Commissioning
- Indoor Air Quality Analysis
- Design of Day-Lighting Systems
- Design of Photovoltaic and Solar Thermal Systems